Saturday, August 27, 2005

The Vulture Incident

Surprisingly, we don't have many stories of interest from the road trip out West. We did get stopped by border patrol at one point, but they waved us on when we showed we were citizens. I'll let Quint fill you in on our one run-in with the Texas Po Pos. And then there was the vulture incident.

We were somewhere in New Mexico -- I was driving and Quint was sleeping. On the road ahead I spotted four vultures, just standing around on the shoulder conversating with each other. I started shouting for Quint to wake up, since he'd been disappointed with the paucity of wildlife on our trip thus far. The birds must have heard the car coming because they started looking over in interest. Quint woke up just in time to see one of the vultures flying directly at our windshield (I swerved to avoid it). And then I laughed and laughed and laughed at Quint's girlish scream. Maybe you had to be there. Please see my artist's rendering of the incident below.

6 Comments:

Blogger The Quintessential Negro said...

Girlish scream? I beg to differ. I scream like a man. I holler. Kim is taking some liberties in her account of the incident. Take my word for it.

August 28, 2005 1:57 AM  
Blogger piu piu said...

cool. made me giggle.

August 28, 2005 6:06 AM  
Blogger CM said...

I love that picture. I didn't know you could draw. More!

August 28, 2005 11:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

the pic is hillarious and QN I am sure being the black man that you are, you screamed like a lil girl.. teeheehee

August 28, 2005 11:39 AM  
Blogger SexyCool said...

pink hair...girl...i LOVE it...

yeah...quint screamed like a girl...i believe YOU...

oh...and i guess since there was so little in the way of wildlife...the vultures...or buzzards, as my grandma would say...were apparently trying for fresh meat...

glad to know you survived...

August 28, 2005 5:10 PM  
Blogger JLR said...

Well, no wonder he screamed. From your rendering of the incident, it looks like the bird was the size of your car. I'd have screamed, too.

August 30, 2005 10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.